Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Skincare DIY: Green Tea Aloe Mask

I am one of those that tan, but fade easily, and the aftermath is always a sprinkling of sunspots on my arms, shoulders, and the back of my hands. I am looking for ways to get rid of, or at least lessen their appearance before they morph into giant pigmentation patches. I came up with a very simple recipe to help treat this problem, with ingredients that are mostly easily found in most kitchens. This recipe would probably work for whitening the face as well, but I have not tried that yet, to be honest. Here it is.

Ingredients:
2 large tablespoons Aloe Vera gel (I used Jorubi, but any good brand should work as well)
green tea from one green tea bag(Pour hot water and let steep for a minute, remove, then extract the green tea from the teabag. Careful, its hot!)
2-3 teaspoons honey

-mix well all ingredients,with a clean spoon or spatula in a clean plastic container
-leave covered, in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to allow ingredients to 'fuse' together.
-spread on (cleansed) desired areas thinly. Leave till slightly sticky and almost fully absorbed.
-rub in circular motions like you would a scrub. Rinse off thoroughly.
-voila! softer brighter skin! Remember to moisturize!

This mixture would last up to a week or so in the fridge.Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment