Sunday, January 20, 2013

Review:Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk

I am a person who prefers to have hair care as simple as possible. Preferably, just wash,condition and go. However, as my hair gets longer, even this becomes a chore. Dealing with sopping wet hair past midnight when your child finally decides to go to bed is not appealing. (Who can I blame when I am a night owl myself.) And all that heat doesn't do hair any good. I needed something that would keep my fine hair from falling flat on days when the bed is too hard to resist.

In steps my hero:dry shampoo. I would like to say that I tried many dry shampoos, before finally settling on this one, but I didn't. I just grabbed whatever I could find at the pharmacy that looked like it would not irritate my sensitive scalp. (On one of my random trips to the pharmacy near my place, hair in messy ponytail, no makeup, in old t-shirt and shorts. Don't judge me. I tried to get what I needed ASAP before I became an eyesore.) Anyway, here is my take.

Pros

-Hair is left smelling and looking fresh and clean.
-Flat, oily hair is revived.
-Spray makes it easier to get at scalp, which is normally the oiliest.
-Oat Milk in product soothes itchiness
-Paraben and sulphate free.
-good for hairstyles requiring a little more texture to the hair--but not overly so. Just spray sparingly where it is needed, brush through, and voila!

Cons
-White residue which is very visible on dark hair like mine if not brushed out thoroughly.
-Hair felt a tad too dry, but problem easily resolved with a few drops of hair oil. (note: For cleansing purposes, the product is meant to be sprayed on the scalp and not the hair.)

Verdict:

A good, fuss free product, worthy of being on the favourite list of stars like Gwyneth Paltrow. It cannot, of course, replace your regular shampoo, but it does come pretty close. Only gripe is that it is not easy to find where I stay. On the repurchase list, unless I find something I like better.

No comments:

Post a Comment