Thursday, April 11, 2013

DIY: Vitamin E Green Tea Toner

I love green tea. Hot, cold, with honey, sugar, milk or just on its own. I usually have quite a fair amount of green tea at home. So, I did some research on the internet, and after tinkering around in the kitchen, came up with this toner recipe some time ago. Stored in the fridge, it is not only cool and refreshing, but also helps to keep those fine lines at bay. Enjoy!

Vitamin E Green Tea Toner

Ingredients:

200ML of boiling water, preferably distilled
1 green teabag
1 tablespoon natural honey
3 Vitamin E capsules,400IU (Or you can use the equivalent in Vitamin E oil)

Pour boiling water over teabag, and allow to steep for about 10 minutes. Add in honey, and stir to dissolve. Allow to cool. Break open vitamin E capsules and add in the oil. Mix well. Store in an (preferably)airtight container. Keep in the refrigerator, and shake well before each use. (This is essential to ensure proper distribution of the vitamin E oil.)

This toner is suitable for most skin types, but dry skins will probably like this toner most-honey, a humectant and the vitamin E oil will help with dryness. And, need we say more about the antioxidant properties of green tea and vitamin E? Swipe it on with a cotton ball, or spritz in on with a spray bottle and pat it in before your other skincare products. Consistent usage will help reduce fine lines. As with all skincare products, always test on a small area, particularly if you have sensitive skin.

That's all for this post.  I will be back soon with more goodies. See you soon, my pretties!


4 comments:

  1. nice post,,
    i was blogwalking,, visit my blog Agungimam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice thanks, I was thinking of a vitamin e and greeen tea toner, I already wash my face with honey so i may skip that ingredient. Great advice! You can check out my blog at ahugasmileawarmheart.blogspot.ca I plan on adding some natural diy product recipes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Thanks for dropping by! I'm always on the lookout for fresh ideas, so I'll drop by your site soon! See you back soon!

    ReplyDelete