Friday, May 6, 2011

Beauty Miracles

"I am not young enough to know everything"
Oscar Wilde

The older I get, the more it seems that my knowledge in the realm of beauty becomes more and more miniscule. Granted, I am fully aware of, and may even have tried the latest beauty potions available on the market, but does that make me an expert? More of a guinea pig, I feel. But an informed one, as I like to think.

But I digress. Just the other day, I was having a conversation with one of my younger friends. She was raving about a certain cult beauty product that promised miraculous results. Being a skincare whore,. I had fallen victim too many times to overly rated products, and hence, had gotten into the habit of reading the ingredient list. It looked suspiciously familiar.

Sure enough, the ingredient list looked similar to the one on the tub of body cream I had at home, Which I had gotten for under $10.


What baffles me is why no one has bothered to point it out openly. Of course, I have to give credit to the better packaging, etc. But to me, I'd rather settle for less packaging, less advertising, and more product.

"A rose, by any other name, is still a rose."

(And yes, the cheaper product works exactly the same way.)

Now, I am in no way condemning higher end luxury products. Some of them do contain cutting edge technology that would be impossible to make available at a lower price.

But what does your beauty miracle really contain?

No comments:

Post a Comment