Friday, March 1, 2013

The Importance Of Beauty

"It is foolish to wish for beauty. Sensible people never either desire it for themselves or care about it in others. If the mind be but well cultivated, and the heart well disposed, no one ever cares for the exterior."

-Anne Bronte, Agnes Grey

We may comprehend, but how many of us have the wisdom, and courage to stand up against societal convention, and put it into practice? Alas,we live in a world whereby good looks do indeed matter. We preen our exterior and our minds, as society deems fit. But only when we can see past exterior beauty and cultivate our hearts and minds, will we see beyond the want for beauty. We will then no longer need to  wish for beauty, because it will shine from within.

(Having said that, I am in no way saying I am perfect. I look forward to the day when I become enlightened. Now, If you would excuse me, I need to tend to my face.)

No comments:

Post a Comment