Saturday, December 29, 2012

Review:Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid face wash

Getting older means that my skin isn't what it used to be.From normal/combination to dehydrated skin that has a tendency to turn into an oil field if I use the wrong products, I have had to overhaul my skincare routine in the past year, and thankfully have settled into a routine that works for me. But more about that later.

When my Avene cleanser ran out, I took a leap of faith and tried the SHA (Gokujyun) facial wash from Hada Labo. I was a little skeptical at first, as I had earlier tried the AHA+BHA (Tamagohada) facial wash on my finicky skin with less than desirable results. I was glad I did.

I used it for around 3 weeks before I did this review. Here goes...

Pros
-Rich texture and creamy foam that provides a 'cushion' to the skin while cleansing
-Cleanses well without stripping moisture-- thanks to the super hyaluronic acid content
-No scent to irritate sensitive/sensitized skin

Cons
-May be too rich for skins that clog easily--my friends have commented that they tend to get clogs when the weather gets too humid. But a good exfoliator usually solves this problem. So far, so good for me. My dehydrated skin seems to like it.

Verdict:
I have since purchased the full size, after using up the travel size version that I bought for my overseas trip. It works perfectly for cold weather, or overly strong hotel air conditioning. I didn't have to rush to apply my skincare as there was no tight feeling after I stepped out of the shower.

So far, no complaints from the family using this facial wash even with different skin types in the house. Simple product that does what it says. I will probably stick with it until the itch to try new products strikes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment