Friday, October 4, 2013

Review: Essential Purely Smooth Conditioner

I had run out of conditioner and was looking around at the nearby beauty supplies store, and this caught my eye.

Essential Purely Smooth Conditioner

Like its predecessors, it promises to nourish your hair, right up to the last 15cm, which is most damaged. Having been a little disappointed by the other versions of this conditioner (one was too light, one was too heavy for my fine hair and caused slight itching), I was hesitant to try this, but eventually caved in. After all, SGD 7.40 for 500 ml is a pretty good deal.(Hey, the Belle needs to watch the household budget...) But did it deliver? Let's move on!

Pros:
-Hair is left light and smooth after drying, and ends look shiny and smooth after drying (now, please note that my hair is almost touching my tailbone, so the ends can get pretty ragged if the conditioner doesn't work well.)
-Non irritating to scalp (Yeah, highly intelligent me got the conditioner on my scalp)
-Unobtrusive scent. (don't you just hate those scents that are too 'in your face'?)
-Pocket friendly.

Cons:
-Effects did not last throughout the next day (I wash my hair at night.)
-Detangling affect was not as thorough as I would have liked. I slept with my hair loose and woke up to tangles on the end-- which were kept to a minimum using my favourite Loreal conditioner

Verdict:
I would repurchase this as it is very pocket friendly, and does what it says it will do, without weighing my hair down. But I am still on the lookout for a good, silicone and sulphate free, as well as budget friendly conditioner for my long hair. Tall order, I know. But one can hope..

Other reviews coming up soon, so keep watching this space. See you again soon, my beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment